Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Walkey-Walkey

My Sophie is such a big girl. She's walking like crazy. She can make it across the room without falling. She is trying more and more, and I love that she doesn't give up and keeps trying.


Thursday I had the day off. We went to the library. Now that Sophie is walking, she loves it even more. She sat well through the stories, and of course, she loves bubble time at the end.

Kale and I had the entire weekend off together. That NEVER happens. We tried to take advantage of it, but I'll be honest - I was disappointed we didn't do more! We didn't really do anything Friday because Kale picked up a shift at the Bountiful pharmacy and it was smack dab in the middle of the day. We did get a pizza though, which is a treat. Pizza is Kale's most favorite food! Saturday I had a region basketball game. We played hard but the team was SOOOO DIRTY. I thought I was going to pee blood I got elbowed in the kidney's so hard. One girl has a huge bruise/abrasion on her knee from being pushed around. Another girl a black eye. Another girl thought she injured her knee because she couldn't put any weight on it for 24 hours. We played hard and kept within points, pulling ahead, then the last quarter they got ahead by a few points and ended up winning 27 to 33. In the end though, they weren't being honest with some of their paperwork and did have everything they needed so they forfeited and we get to play at the championship Thursday. I really wanted to do something fun as a family but Sophie ended up sleeping until 330. We did go down to the Discovery Gateway and were able to play there for about an hour and a half. It was so much fun. Sophie loved it. We brought her cousins with us too, and it was a lot of fun. I can't believe the cost of that place though. We ended up getting a membership for 6 months because it was such a better deal. Sunday I went to the new ward with Sophie. She's not quite 18 months yet, but we tried out nursery. Boy was it an ordeal. She parallel played really well but anytime the other kids (older kids - almost 3) tried to play she would beat them up! It's embarrassing as a mother because I don't know what to do. I don't know where she learned it or how to stop it. I always take her hand and tell her to be soft, but apparently it's not effective because I swear she's getting worse. Sometimes though, kids will take things from her but most of the time she just pushes kids. So anyway, back to our nursery attempt. I stayed in there for an hour and she didn't even look for me once. I snuck out, and not even 5 minutes after I sat down in Relief Society, I heard my sweet daughter screaming bloody murder. Back to nursery I went. Oh well, I hope it gets better!

Monday, I had a doctor's appointment and staff meeting. My mom watched Sophie for the appointment but had to be to work so dropped her off at staff meeting. She did pretty good (besides beating up my nurse-friends 18 month old). Today, I had a trauma nursing course, so my mom watched Sophie again. This is a big ugly week for me. I work four days, have a 10-hour class two days, had a staff meeting (3 hours). Ugh. I wish it was over but it's just beginning.

1 comments:

Sierra said...

You guys played awesome! And come to find out, the reason they did not have a roster is because they had more than three wards playing on the same team. (And in case you don't know the rules, only two wards can combine, maximum.) So they purposefully did not fill out the roster, knowing that would be proof of their cheating. Then they just hoped no one would question why they did not have a roster. You guys deserved to go on! And I am sorry they were so mean to you guys. They were a dirty team, and I'm not surprised there were so many injuries :-)