Thursday, May 31, 2012

As May Ends...

May is already over!  Weird.  Work has been ok.  PEDS has started to slow down a little now that respiratory season is ending.  I love working a day in the ER also, it helps with the variety and I love the fast pace there. 

Sophie is such a big girl.  We love the dinosaur park (well... she does).  We go there often thanks to our pass.  We have a little routine.  We stop at the inside part to check out the Mama and baby dinosaurs / T-rex, then head down and do a few puzzles before heading outside to make a circle around the different areas, and end at the playground where we play for a long... long... time.  She loves it there and it's always a drama-fest when we have to leave.  She cries "inosaur park" the entire way home and usually begs to go back for a few day!  She is so dang cute, how can we resist?!


She went through a phase where she would never keep sunglasses on.  Lately I have reintroduced them with the summer sun.  She loves them.  We have several pair in our cars and some at home.  One day she wore them from the time she got up from her nap until I pried them off her at night.  She even bathed in them.  I love her little face so much!



A few weeks ago we rode frontrunner down to the gateway.  There were a few bumps in the rode.  We made the train and got settled.  Sophie did so well the entire way down!  We got to the station and the trax had construction so we had to all squish onto a small bus.  I had no idea when to get off and apparently missed the stop, so had to hoof it from the energy solutions NorthEast corner to the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum.


We had so much fun at the children's museum and played for hours.  There were times it was crowded because a field-trip came, but we didn't let that stop us from enjoying all the things there.  Our pass expires in June and I'm sad we haven't used it as much as we wanted.  After staying at Discovery gateway we got lunch at the food court and took trax to the library.  It's huge and has a whole floor dedicated to the children's section.  This is where it got interesting.  I put my last-fresh diaper on Sophie and minutes later - she POOPED.  Oh gosh, nothing like being stranded in Salt Lake without a diaper.  That part of Salt Lake has no-where to get a diaper either (believe me I googled it).  I pulled the soaking-wet diaper I had just taken off her before the poop incident out of the trash and put it back on her and we headed out.  Pretty soon she was soaked.  I wasted lots of time checking at a few stores for diapers and ended up breaking into a sweat and missing the frontrunner train.  I begged about 4 different mom's with kids for a diaper, none of which 'had one.'  By this point I was pretty frazzled.  Soon... her diaper (the one that was so wet) busted open and the diaper granules fell out the leg of her shorts.  Oh goody!  Plan B: use a plastic bag to form a diaper and hold her for 1 1/2 hours while waiting for the train/train ride home.  She ended up peeing and I was soaked too.  Oh the joys of being a mother.  This is definitely a story she'll love reading about in her journal!  


We have got to hang out with our Friend Emery.  It was so cute to see the girls try to hold hands.  They were very uncoordinated but it was adorable!  I couldn't stop laughing.  We showed Emery all the cool dinosaurs!

I've tried to stay active.  I have been doing a little training plan for a 10K in June.  Sophie comes for rides with me sometimes.  She's so cute, I just love her!  I love being able to spend time with her and devote all my attention to just her!  She is such a special little gal!


We finally recovered from our trip to Las Vegas.  I got some pictures from my sister finally.  We had fun and it was too short of a vacation!  I definitely would rather hold out for a longer vacation next year.  


We are going to get season passes to the North Shore to swim.  We went there Monday and Sophie loved it.  She is such a little swimmer already, and loves to be in the water.  She wore her sunglasses the entire time, of course!  I love that girl.  

Hope everyone is having a great beginning to their summer!

0 comments: