Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Year, New Dates!

I can't believe it's 2013!  I hope it's a great year for us all.

Kale and I have been trying to have more dates.  I made all these really fun date envelopes last year.  Each envelope has a date activity and a gift card for food.  I tried to make it easy so it's always in the budget and didn't require extensive planning.  We used a few last summer but then got too busy.  I want to make it a point to do dates more often this year.  At the end of December my mom watched Sophie and we went to Chili's to have dinner.  It was so fun!  The activity was "Do you know your Spouse?"  We got these books off Amazon:



We filled them out at dinner.  When we got home we sat down together and went through them.  I won by a hair!  It was fun (and sometimes surprising) to see what we DID and DIDN'T know about each other!  

We had family pictures at Target last week and afterwards got a babysitter so we could go on another date.  This one was a Bookstore Challenge.  We went to Layton and had Cafe Rio.  It's Kale's favorite! Then we went to the bookstore and did a little challenge:


It was fun to do something different.  I love Kale, he is such a great hubby.  It sure does make a different when we can do dates and spend time together, especially when it's more than just dinner and a movie.

We have quite a few fun dates planned over the next two months.  We've got one tomorrow and one next week!  And of course, we can't forget that February is the most romantic month of the year!  Stay tuned!

0 comments: