Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Target Ultrasound

We had our big Target Ultrasound on Monday. It is the ultrasound where they check out all the organs and get accurate measurements of head, abdomen, femur, and where they usually give a 100% gender. Of course when I checked in they were 40 minutes behind (story of my appointments...). We finally got called back and started the ultrasound. First off, the tech said do you feel that-you're having a contraction? I could see the twitching on the screen (I could feel it, I've been feeling them for weeks). It was weird/cool to see. We were able to see the four chambers of the heart, a bubble in her belly (meaning she's swallowing and moving fluid through), and her labia! She remains a girl! Her head, femur and abdomen measured consistent with my gestational week and all within normal range. She weighs 1 pound 4 ounces. My due date is measuring between Oct 1 and Oct 6. The tech said that they don't give a specific date but rather a range. The tech did the 3D/4D and we got to see some neat pictures of her face. She has both hands up so it made it very hard and time consuming to get a few good pictures! They had to wiggle my belly a lot to get a picture without both hands in front of her face. My next appointment is in several weeks, hopefully all remains well until then.


^ shows gender

0 comments: