Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My 'Toddler'

This picture totally describes Sophie. She loves the bath, she loves patty cake, and she is just a bright-eyed happy beautiful girl! She likes a little water to drip during her bath and she plays with it and tries to drink it and catch it. It's super funny to watch and she gets mad if you turn it off. She loves the water... she likes to put her feet in the sink when I do her hair, she loves swimming and bathing, she always is trying to dumb out her sippy and splash around in it.

Sophie has this 'new smile' that she does. She scrunches up her nose and squints her eyes then gets a huge teeth-y smile. It's so funny. It's either that, or her trying to get away from the camera. Lately she has been very anti-picture... even when I try to be sly about it she somehow knows and refuses to look my way.

Girls are so much fun to dress up. I made some babylegs recently and was excited to find a skirt at the DI to pair with them. Sophie thinks the hardwood floor is so cool. She always studies it and loves that she can scoot and crawl around so much easier on it!


She has yet to figure out the stairs and their possibilities. She'll go halfway up, and cry for me to come get her. She is not brave enough to go down on her own quite yet. I'm ok with that, I haven't had to use a babygate yet and she doesn't really have interest in them... yet. I'm waiting for the day...

Ok you might have to zoom in, but you can see those HUGE molars on both sides of her poor mouth (she's got two on the top to match). It was a long few weeks while those were migrating through her sweet little gums. She is so much happier now that they are through. I am glad to have my happy beautiful girl back.

How can babies sleep in such weird positions?
Sophie hates the car. I mean, I can't even walk near it without her screaming and trying to crawl up me. She fights getting in and I have to wrestle to get her strapped. I thought maybe she hated rear-facing, so against better judgement I even turned her seat forward facing for a week but it made no difference (and we are back to my plan of extended rear-facing). I try all I can, giving her treats and fruit snacks, a drink, toys to play with, we listen to music she {normally} likes, and a few desperate attempts have included me giving her my Iphone with a video playing on it or stopping to buy french fries. If she is happy, it is short lived and she returns to screaming. It used to be very distracting but now I have learned to tune it out as much as I can. I hope she grows out of it.

1 comments:

Sierra said...

Her pictures crack me up.... she looks so much like you!