Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bootcamp

Well I'm at my heaviest I've ever been and it is quite depressing. I remember feeling 'fat' in high school. Since then, I've gained almost 60 pounds. I bring it upon my self - I don't work out on a regular basis and have a big love relationship with all things food. While I know we all can't stay as thin after having kids as when we were a mia maid, I do know that I need to do something about this. I stuck to a pretty good diet and working out here and there routine a few months ago, but fell off that Wagon after a few weeks.


Monday I signed up for Biofit Bootcamp. My sister has done it several times and lost 20+ pounds and she was signing up again so I thought I'd do it with her. It's not by my house, which is definitely a draw-back but I asked my mom if she'd be willing to help me with Sophie so I could get there. The workouts are 1 hour long, 6 days a week, for 4 weeks. The classes are usually 4-6 people so it's pretty nice to have a lot of attention from the owner/trainer of the gym. You obviously don't have to go every day. You can go as much or as little as you want for the four weeks. But you pay a flat fee so it's best to do the workouts.

Monday we did legs. I haven't been able to sit or walk comfortably since. It was my first time and I had to take several puke breaks. An hour doesn't sound long, but we did things like: run at 9mph for 1 minute, climb the latter for 1 minute, squats with weights, lunges with weights, and a leg machine. We did each thing for 1 minute, then had to run to the next station. We did this three times, then we worked on abs. I was exhausted! We had gone to a morning class, so that didn't help. That night I managed to bike with Sophie for 25 minutes. Tuesday we did upper body. I worked, so I went there straight from work. We did push ups, bicep and tricep exercises with weights, sprints, latters (it's a machine from the biggest loser) and all sorts of other weighted and cardio exercises. Today, Wednesday, we did legs again. I didn't know how I even did it because my legs are so sore I can't bend them. We did sprints forwards and backwards on the treadmill, sit ups, latters, lunges, squats on a ball, mountain climbers, and step ups. We did two cycles, 1 minute each with a 25 POUND WEIGHT VEST! I have no idea how I survived it! Wish me luck. I hope to lose 15 pounds in the 4 weeks. I know that is a very very big goal but it could happen (that's about 4lbs a week).

I'll be honest: right now I feel very tired, sore, and hungry. I want something greasy: like a Red Robin burger and fries. I hope it gets better and my body can get adjusted to a better lifestyle!

0 comments: