Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy July!

Apparently I changed my blog address. I was setting up a blog and showing a coworker how to navigate, and so I guess I saved my changes and this is my new blog address!


For some reason I feel like all I'm doing is working. I had to pick up a few extra shifts this month because of maternity leaves and I am just dying! It makes me cherish my days off even more. I wish I just didn't have to work, but let's face reality, I do...

Wednesday when Kale got home from work we went swimming at the North Shore. Sophie loves it there. It happened to be windy though, so the mist/spray from the splash pad was beating us. We stayed about an hour before we went home. Sophie likes the big slide and says weeee the whole time going down with us. They have a great kiddie area there too and Sophie loves being able to walk all around.

Thursday I swam some laps and it felt so good to be able to do that! I forgot how much I really love swimming. That morning we went to the Riverdale splash pad.
It was pretty fun, but as soon as Sophie saw the park swings it was all over. She just wanted to swing. We swang for a while but then I was melting so we left. We ran a ton of errands, which I love being able to do, but hate that it wastes my day. That night I went running with Sophie. She seems to like it if she's in the mood. I give her an otter pop and snuggle her in the stroller and we jog around the neighborhood.

I worked Friday so Sophie was with her Grandma. I came home and we had a movie night: we laid out blankets on the living room floor and popped in Despicable me. Sophie actually laid with us for almost half the movie, then she was bringing us books to read and trying to sit on my head, ha! I had fallen asleep and woke up to her butt smushing my face!

Today we spent the morning making a mess in the living room: Ok, actually it was just Sophie. I can't keep up with her today, she's such a tornado! I made Lasagna and homemade breadsticks for lunch, and tried the cinnamon roll recipe I had great success with on Father's Day. I hate being successful at a recipe because chances are it will never happen again. They weren't too bad this time around though. Mmm!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. The July holidays are my very most favorite holidays of the entire year!

0 comments: