Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Tonsils

Ever since starting preschool Sophie has attracted a lot of illness.  When we were at the dentist this month he commented on how huge her tonsils were.  She has always been a snore-er and kind of a restless sleeper.  I never thought about it all together and we decided to see the ENT.  We saw them Monday and they thought it would be a good idea to get her tonsils out.  When we met with the scheduler, they said they had time Wednesday (2 days away).  I said what the heck - let's do it!  


We went to the surgical center than morning and got ready.  We had great nurses take care of us and the anesthesiologist seemed very experienced.  Sophie started to get a little nervous when she realized we were going to leave her and was kind of clinging to my Mom.  We were worried she would cry but she hopped in the wagon and away she rode.  I pictured it going downhill from there but the nurse said she did really good, and hopped up on the table.  The only thing Sophie talked about was the "stinky mask" she had to smell.  She refuses to believe she fell asleep haha.  We had to wait for her.  It was SO HARD for my mom.  I think she was more nervous than I was.  


Sophie went to phase 1 for recovery and they don't let us back there quite yet but my mom kept saying she heard her cry and was going back in 5 minutes wether they were ready or not!  I kept her busy until it was time and we got to go back and hold her.  She was pretty out of it and kind of cried but then went back to sleep.  

My mom hung out for a while then went to get donuts and breakfast for me.  Sophie mostly just slept.  Then she kind of woke up and was totally fine and ready to party.  She was downing popsicles and a donut (much to the nurse's dismay).  


Kale came over to visit from work for a bit before we left.  Pretty soon it was time to get her IV out and home we went!  We were so blessed by our nice neighbors and friends that came to visit, bring popsicles, and who called or texted about Sophie.  Thank you everyone.

0 comments: