Tuesday, June 8, 2010

California Part Two

Plane, eating a mum-mum

Daddy slept on the right, look how much room of the king-size bed he had!
Our awesome car (brand new, with only 6 miles on it - automated doors, back hatch, seats, satellite radio, touch screen radio console, camera for backing up... you name it this baby had it... and it was FREE to upgrade from our economy because they were out of them)
Awake after our Golden Gate Bridge Nap
A little windy/chilly but Sophs didn't mind
60mph hr winds and she can't wait to get in a splash
First sucker... it was a hit, she loved it and sucked it all down... then cried for more
We got to play on some video simulator that are used for teaching police... fun but we all got a little carsick
Continued from last post:
We went swimming that night. Well we tried. It was SO SO SO windy and pretty chilly. Sophie didn't even act any different though. We only stayed in the pool for about ten minutes.
Sunday we sat around and didn't do a thing. We were hungry and took a random drive and stopped at a random pizza place that was DELICIOUS! That's when we gave Sophie a sucker. She likes to go after what we're eating. I usually give her a cucumber out of our salad or the crust from some bread. The place had suckers and I gave her one and she loved it. She sucked it all down, and was upset when it was gone. We went to browse bestbuy. Kale really wants an Ipad. He's been saving up all his birthday money ect for one. We were going to buy one but they were out. I guess they're in really high demand in Cali. We ended up buying a Macbook. I have been sick of my PC and it's constant virus problem. Mine has had a virus twice and Kale's has had one four or five times. I can usually fix them, but this last time we paid to have them fixed because I couldn't figure out how to save them. It was a splurge... but who can resist 18 months no interest? I was so unsure of the purchase it took me hours to open it... lol. I like it so far. There are a few things that really bug me about it. Some of the buttons are weird, and I can't find the right click button... so I haven't been able to copy/paste anything.
Monday we met Patty, the whole reason we originally were going to San Fran. She works for a police academy type setting so we got to play with the video simulators. We ate at the spaghetti factory. Then we headed back to our hotel. I returned my rented hospital grade pump. It was so nice, I wish I had the 1500+ to buy one (Medela Symphony). Man that thing was effective. We were able to change our flight to an earlier time the next day for only $30. We were just so over being there. I packed and loaded most things up. Sophie woke up pretty much every hour that night crying. Finally at 4 I just put her in our bed. She continued to wake up fussing, but at least she was right there I could just stick her binky back in. I finally got up at 530 to pump and fed her. Then I was so tired I accidentaly snoozed the alarm. Don't worry though... I realized what I did about 20 min later. We were rushed, but made it, turned our car in, and boarded our (delayed) plane. Sophie slept the entire time home (wonder why). We got back home, unloaded, and went grocery shopping. I did all our vacation laundry and cleaned the house I had already cleaned before the trip. It's 9pm now, and Sophie woke up and is ready to party. I wish she was ready to sleep... but I think she's on Pacific Time!!! Oh great :)

3 comments:

keldi and matt francom said...

I am sorry your trip was not fun ibet you are so glad to be home sorry about the pump. the nerve of some people i had a family member steal somthing from me not to long ago and even though it was something small it just makes you feel so mad and that you cant trust anyone

Unknown said...

To right click on Mac's you have to hit ctrl and then right click.... I hope I am remembering right. I am on a PC right now at work. I am sorry the trip didn't go as great as planned. :(

Sierra said...

I'm glad things started going better for you... Isn't it so nice to be home?!