Sunday, June 6, 2010

California part one

Well I am writing from kale's iPhone in California. I'll be honest it has been a horrible trip. Long story and pretty much something I don't want to blog about-but I disowned my family right before I came. In doing so we had to find a hotel, rental car, and a ride to the airport with only a few hours notice. Our laptop has a virus so we had to make plans from this dumb phone.

Ok so I arranged getting to the airport. We were running late so we basically walked on the plane and took off. Luckily the flight had a few extra seats so we got to take sophie's carseat on board. The flight went well. I had to use my hand pump when we were taking off and it was interesting. My hand was tired! Sophie did well. We got off, grabbed our bags, and headed to the shuttle to get our rental car. We're 24 so it was an extra 20 bucks a day... Boo! They were out of compact cars so we got to upgrade to a brand new chrysler town and country. Wow it is super duper fancy. It only had six miles on it total. We drove around for 45 min with an unhappy baby looking for our hotel. We found it finally but it was pretty much a dump in the ghetto. We of course had to eat the cost of that night. I was trying to fond somewhere else on the iPhone. By now Sophie was really pissed and we had no idea where we were going. We got directions, headed over the bay bridge, and found our hotel which was surprisingly nice! It was almost double the price. So yeah we had the rental car that was about 260, and now the hotel that was nonrefundable at 45, and the new hotel at 80 per night. Kinda crappy considering we didn't budget for any of that. The hotel was great except we were by some noisy people that night so the next morning we packed up. We asked to change but we had to wait until another was ready. California is so confusing to drive in. That's one of our main frustrations. We have put almost 400 miles on the dang car. we went to the town and parking and traffic sucked So we headed to the golden gate bridge. We walked around there for a while. It was noisy, foggy, and cold but I was wearing Sophie in my Beco and she fell asleep. A sleeping baby is a good thing. We went back and rechecked into the hotel. Our new room was right outside of the ice machine and elevator. We went to a MLB game. We had three tickets but since my sister didn't come we just didn't use one...ugh what a waste. We lasted to the 7th inning and left to get Sophie to the hotel. The night was noisy and Sophie, who was staying in the bed with us, woke up at 4 for a couple hours. It threw off our schedule and we woke up half hour after we should have left. We rushed and barely made it. I had to pump on the way and when we got there I just threw my breast pump on the seat and we headed to Alcatraz. We were able to sell our two extra tickets which was nice to get back that money. When the tour was over we headed back to our car, that was in a pay lot near the pier, and there was no breast pump to be found. kale thinks he forgot to lock the car. Yep that's right... Some scum bag stole my breast pump and even all my pump stuff that was all milked out since I just uses it. I am so disappointed in humanity. So the drama of the day was finding one. Sophie is on a nursing strike and she doesn't like formula. I don't blame her that stuff smells disgusting. So we had to have one. I had to drive half hour south to rent one. Of course it was only ten dollars to rent til I leave but I had to buy the pump stuff that was 55. My original kit was only 100 for everything off ksl! Such a hassle. Even though we checked out and hauled our stuff in the car, we decided to get another room at the same hotel. I had packed light with the plan to do laundry at the lady's house we were going to stay at... So we had to find a laundromat and do laundry. We tried going out to eat but Sophie had other plans. We shoveled out food in so we could get her to bed. We got a crib and she did so much better. This morning I drove about 45 min to buy a pump I found on craigslist. It seems really nice and newer than my other pump was. Plus it came with lots of extra accessories which was nice. Today we are just lounging and will go swimming at the pool later. I hate San Francisco and never want to come here again. I mean honestly who steals an effing breastpump?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

im sorry your trip has been so crummy hope it gets better or you get to come home soon! :)

Sierra said...

WTF!!! I am SOOO sorry! That makes me feel so bad for you, Katie. I hope things start going better for you. Seriously, who steals an effing breast pump?!

If you need a ride home from the airport let me know. I would seriously be happy to come pick you up... no joke. Email me: sierrahellstrom@gmail.com

Erika said...

I'm sorry you're trip is turning out so horrible!! That's so rotten. And I agree.... who in their right mind would steal a breast pump?? Stupid.

Call me if you need anything.... REALLY. My schedule is lax and I'm home every night. Just give me a call if you ever need ANYTHING!!
I'm even willing to take cute Sophie off your hands if you need some alone time:)

I hope things start looking up!

Camille said...

I am so sorry that your vacation is so disappointing! If you need anything when you get back, please let me know. At least your vacation is almost over and you never have to go back to San Francisco if you don't want to! I hope things start getting better!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.