Friday, June 25, 2010

Anniversary

Kale and I stayed at Castle Creek in for our anniversary Wednesday. It was a lot of fun! They have themed rooms and the place is literally a castle. We stayed in the Romeo and Juliet room. It was on the top level. It had a balcony, an awesome huge garden tub, and a delicious breakfast in the morning. They had tons of games and snacks/soda too. It was like in it's own forest too, and there was a fun little scenic walkway and it was right by a stream. Way fun! We took advantage of being baby-less for a night and saw a movie Kale wanted to see and ate at Outback. It was so fun!





The next day we went to get the baby and after her nap went to Toy Story 3. Sophie had been to a couple movies when she was much younger, so we were excited and nervous about how this would go. At first she was startled by the loud noises and there were a few times she started to scream. I just help her on my lap and hugged her really tight and talked in her ear and after a few minutes she didn't get scared at all! She seemed to love the movie. She made it about and hour and fifteen into the movie before she got tired, so I strapped her into my Beco and walked in the aisle until she fell asleep. When the movie was over, she stayed asleep. I hated to wake her so we just walked around the Junction/Fat Cats. When we woke up we headed to the Texas Roadhouse. Sophie was such a busy body... she was looking around and wanted to touch everything (ew!). She sat up in the highchair successfully for almost the entire meal (she usually tries to arch her way out). She had bread and potatoes... lol a girl after my own heart (carbs!)

That night Kale mowed the front lawn with the baby. It was so cute. She was just hanging out in the Beco, kicking her legs and looking around. I love that girl (and that boy!).



I made a treat run to Wendy's for a frosty for Kale. Sophie wanted to try it. She loved it!



I'll have to post more pictures later when I have more time.

3 comments:

Sierra said...

She is so beautiful! What a happy baby :-) Happy anniversary too!

Unknown said...

What a fun anniversary!!! It is always nice to get some one on one time with the hubs.

Anonymous said...

I love castle creek inn! We stayed there on our honeymoon and our first anniversary! I love their breakfasts!