Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Life is busy! I am not crafty, but made some invitations for Sophie's birthday to send to family and have made some decorations. I'm such a perfectionist it's hard to let little things go! We've also been trying to line up things for the house. The appraisal will hopefully be this week, so once that is back and it appraises appropriately we'll be home free! (ha... the home wasn't free though). Our house now is smaller, so we don't have basic things like a dining table, recliner or chair other than our couch, ect. I've been so blessed to find some great stuff off KSL and at the DI. Last night we picked up a dining table, two sitting chairs, and a overstuffed recliner. Today, I had an 'inspiration' to go to the DI and lo and behold they had the most darling floral antique-ey wingback chairs! Only 60 for the pair. I about died. I did practically run to them and throw my body over them so no one else could buy them.... ha. We're busting out the shampoo-er and going to get everything really clean today and set stuff out in the sun (Don't you love the cleaning power of the sun?! I sure do). It's so exciting to think about getting moved into the house! I can't wait. Our closing date (just approximate) is Sept 21st! The renter wants to move in on the 18th though, so we'll just be in limbo for a few days until we can actually get into our new house.


I've been getting a few presents for Sophie's birthday lately. It's hard to narrow down what to get her. I've never been very good at getting presents, I always stress about it! Those with kids, what have some of your babes favorite presents been? Whenever I see good deals on stuff at the thrift store I get it. I have about 6 Tupperware full of toys: fisher price, little tikes, playskool, ect. We got the Fisher Price Sweet Sounds home for $1 from the DI. I bought the people/furniture for about $10 off ebay. I can't decide if I'm going to save it for Christmas because I'm not sure she'd really use it. I also got the fisher price stacking star toy for 1.50. I couldn't believe it still had all the stackers! I threw some batteries in it, and cleaned it up. I hope she loves that. Last year I found a little tikes baby carriage thing for a couple bucks. I may find a cute dolly and get that out. She's not walking yet so she may like to push that around. I found some monogramed stuff yesterday at DownEast too for super cheap. I always see Sophia, never Sophie, so I happened to find a blanket and a bag and couldn't pass it up. I of course got a few outfits (but what one-year-old wants a new outfit for her birthday). I did splurge on a few things: some new bath toys and a jogging stroller. I luckily had coupons so the stroller was almost $70 off but it was still more than I wanted to pay. I set it up today and really like it though, and hope it motivates me to loose at least a portion of my fat. It rides smooth and has a speaker for your Ipod.

We both hate school. I only have one class but it's like pulling teeth to get there. Kale is full time school, and full time+ work. I always feel bad like I should work more so he can work less, but he said he prefers I'm home with Sophie and he doesn't mind working so much. I know it must get tiring to work 6 out of 7 days. Oh well, what do you do!! This RSV season I'll be able to work full-time and then some if I want so that will hopefully get us caught up. We have very little debt but I would love to start making double payments on our cars or start paying off a student loan we got about two years ago. Right now the interest is deferred until Kale graduates so I haven't felt a need to make payments... It it always interesting to make it work, and now with a little bit more house payment I may have to budget a little differently.

I can't believe summer is over and fall is starting. It's sad! The last couple nights I've woken up feeling like an icicle! I even have put Sophie in the fleece footed sleepers lately so she doesn't freeze! I swear like a month ago I was sweating to death... Utah weather...

1 comments:

Sierra said...

I can't wait to see all your purchases!!! I love "new" things :-)