Friday, September 24, 2010

Just an update

We were able to move into the house last weekend on an early occupany contract. We love it so far. It's been super stressful because life has been a mess and looking at all my house contents stacked into a huge pile has been overwhelming. I think I have like 95% of things put away now.

There are a lot of things we really love about the house: we love the yard. It's big and green. We have lots of shade and some really nice landscaping. I have a flag pole too, how cool is that! We have a garage to park our cars in (and store 'stuff'). We have lots of room in the house! I have several empty closets and two pretty sparce rooms (Don't worry I'm sure I'll fill them up soon). Overall the house has a lot of upgrades. Little things that I've noticed, like nice fixtures, high quality carpet, super nice appliances, huge heated jetted tub, crown moulding, wood flooring (laminate but great quality) a great front door, central air, ect... I think that the previous owners put a lot of work and money into this home assuming it would be their home for a while.

There are a few things we don't love: white carpet. Whoever invented white carpet should be shot. I mean, there is NO ONE who can keep it clean. We had it shampooed when we moved in but it just shows every little bit of dirty. Also, our master shower is teeny. I'm not sure I could shave my legs in there...

We got a new washer/dryer when we moved it. It's one of the fancy frontloading HE types. I love them! I ALMOST get excited to do laundry. We are getting some paint colors and hopefully will be able to get some areas painted this upcoming week. We love the furniture we got off KSL. We just need to find the perfect dining table. We don't sit down often since our schedules are near opposite, but eventually we'll need one! I also can't wait until I can get a deep freezer. I've wanted one for a while now and since we have the space for it, I can't wait until it's in our budget! I'd love to stock up on some meats.

My pumping sessions lately have produced less and less. I finally ran out of my freezer stash on Tuesday. Today we had some major issues. TMI alert: We made the switch to whole milk Tuesday. Today Sophie has a super hard morning and was so fussy. We got in to see the doctor and found out the milk made her super constipated and she has a fistula. We have to do miralax and no milk products until it's healed. Poor girl! It was a sad sad sad scene in the doc's office. Poor baby!

We just got the interent, so I haven't been on lately, but just so everyone knows we're still alive!

1 comments:

keldi and matt francom said...

Oh so sad i hope she is doing better. I have had some issues with aspen with milk to i took her off of formula a coulpe of weeks ago and switch her to whole milk because the formula was making her spit up way to much then the whole milk nade her consipated and spit up still so the doc had me switch to 2% milk and she has done so much better it is not fun to have a baby upset