Friday, December 24, 2010

December Update

Christmas is almost here! How exciting! Here is my blog update on our lives.


Sophie's new trick!
Look Ma, I figured out how Velcro works! She either has to have a onsie on or a snap cloth dipe. Gosh I am SOOOO glad we have done cloth diapering. It has saved me so much money and I am glad that my baby can wear cotton on her sweet bum bum!


Sophie is such a mama's girl. If I am in the room, I am the ONLY one that she wants. Rarely does Kale get to hold her. She is super attached to me. I usually love it. Sometimes though, I need to get things done or want to eat a hot meal (yeah right!). The past couple days though she's been so cuddle with us both, and has let Kale hold her! I love it, it's so tender to see my two loves snuggling up!
Playing with the Christmas Ornaments

Watching TV with Daddy!

Tonight we had Kale's family up for Christmas celebration! I cooked dinner and we did some presents and watched Home Alone. It's always hard to get everyone to look... we got 2 out of 3 in this picture of Sophie with her cousins.

We both work tomorrow :( It's nice to get holiday pay and let some of the other nurses who have older kids be home with their families though.
I had a physical this month. I haven't had health insurance since 2007 but we were able to pick it up for the last two months of this year because we became 'eligable.' I made sure to take advantage of it and get a physical with my FP and a 'lady exam' (ugh). Come to find out I'm falling apart! My vitamin D levels are critically low, my cholesterol is on the higher end of normal, my estrogen is low from breastfeeding, my thyroid levels are super low, and my liver functions are low. What the heck! I'm like an old lady with all my pills I'm taking now. Luckily most are short term. I hope that I can get my Vit D levels back up so I feel better and get my thyroid managed so I can loose weight (no wonder I've remained so chubby--well that and my eating habits, uh oh). I had all these labs done when I was pregnant and nothing was abnormal. Ha so I am blaming being a mother -- it is stressing out my body apparently.
Kale is going to take another semester of school then stop for a while. He's got some basic classes, including snowboarding! He is so excited... he's taken it before and really liked going up. He'll be able to graduate with his associates degree. He's just going to take a break from school so he can spend more time with the family. We miss him! I am so grateful to have such a hardworking husband. I love that guy.
Merry Christmas everyone. I hope that it's a great day and you can all be safe and enjoy spending time with your loved ones!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is your current thyroid medicine dose?
If you are having goiter and nodules, your TSH should be around 1.0