Friday, September 30, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

I have working hard on getting ready for Sophie's party. She will be turning two on Saturday. I can't believe it's been two years already, I just love Sophie so much. I have been working on lots of things. We are having a barnyard theme because Sophie is so into animals lately. We have quite a few animals that will be attending. I have made a few things too: the favor bags and I even attempted a little dress out of this cute fabric. I haven't tried it on yet so hopefully it fits (I am a novice sew-er). It has been stressful these last few days because I still feel like there are so many things I need to work on and get done before. My yard is a mess. Luckily my house is fairly clean.

This month I have been precepting a nursing student (basically like a mini clinical teacher). She has been so sweet and I have loved working with her. She was due to have her first baby Oct 7. He had other things in mind and on Tuesday she asked me "how much bleeding is normal?" I put her in a wheelchair and down to L&D she went. Poor girl, I would hate being caught off guard like that. She lives in Logan but thankfully her husband was in Ogden so he got there quickly. She had her baby that morning, just ten hours short of finishing her precepting rotation!

Sophie starts a new little daycare next Friday. We have her going every Friday. The place is great, the teachers seem wonderful, and the price is right. My mom has been babysitting when we work for the most part, but I am hoping that having Sophie go to the daycare once a week will help her social skills and feeling comfortable with other people. I think it will be hard at first, and I am glad I don't have to be the one to drop her off (that's Kale's job). I think it will be hard because she is only going once a week so I think it will take some time for her to adjust. I hope all goes well, but if not we'll go back to spending Friday's with her Grandma!

Recently I got a new calling. Let me tell you how it happened. They asked to 'meet' with me. I knew something was in the works... I just had that feeling. I met with two of the bishopric counselors and they asked me to teach in Relief Society. Initially I told them no and why: that I work every other Sunday, and that Sophie refuses to go to nursery, and that I feel like I'll be taking away from Kale being able to learn (he only goes when I go). They asked me to think about it and I did ... I know you can't really turn down a calling and that I should at least try. I told them I would take the calling and give it an honest effort. A day or two later I get a call (Tuesday) from the relief society presidency and they tell me my lesson is Sunday! Ack! Super stress mode. I spent a few hours preparing the lesson and all these things to add to it. I was worried about filling the time. So of course, the day I teach, they have announcements for almost half an hour. I barely got through half of my lesson and my time was up! I was pretty nervous but tried to not talk fast and actually look up and get input from the ladies in my ward. I teach again on the 9th and am worried about it because the lesson is so straight-forward and it's only two pages long. It's on the Gathering of Israel.

Well I am sure I will blog soon about Sophie's party... keep an eye out for some fun pictures!

0 comments: