Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lagoon

Kale had to work today so we didn't have plans but then my friend, Dari, invited us to come to Lagoon with them. Sophs and I made an omelet, and she scarfed it down. I think eggs are one of her top three favorite foods. We got ready and headed down to Lagoon. Normally I would ride frontrunner and then the shuttle but Sophs was kinda grumpy and I didn't want to be stuck down there if she had a melt-down. She fell asleep on the way down, of course. I let her sleep for a bit then we jumped on the shuttle and met up with Dari and her family. Sophie, who normally LOVES Lagoon, cried on every ride just about, and in between rides too. I don't know what her deal was, we've been more than a handful of times this summer and last summer and she has always loved it. She was riding rides at 8 months old and never cried like today. I think that the lack of a good nap played a part in it.

The only parts she did like was when we road the carousel and when she got to play in the water. Chris and Dari went on a ride together so I took the kids: sweet Owen, Lola, and Sophs, to kiddieland. We parked everyone by the big water ball and got out to play. Sophie loved it, she is such a water bug, and she was soaking wet when we finally left!

After the water ball Lola spotted some cheetos in her diaper bag. Those were quickly eating, and some sweet lady helped us avoid a meltdown by giving us a bag of hers that she said were extra. What a nice lady, I hope some positive Karma goes her way!



On the way out, we got some cotton candy and Sophie was frantically enjoying it. She was shoveling it into her mouth, an her hands and mouth were covered in cotton candy, like a pink Santa beard! It was hilarious, apparently she really likes cotton candy! Sophie went down for a nap when we got home. She needed that nap! We had a family party that night, so I went in to wake her up so we could get ready. I love seeing babies and kids sleep (especially my own), for some reason it just make me want to giggle out-loud. She just looked so peaceful and it's kind of funny to see the way she lays and her mannerisms when she first wake up (sometimes she looks offended, poor girl)! I went in today and she was laying on her pillow with an empty bottle in her mouth. It was resting on the pillow, you weren't holding it it. Yes we still use a bottle to help Sophie get to sleep. We just put about 1-2 ounces of warm water in the bottle for her nap and bedtime and it only stays in the crib. She drinks the water fast and basically uses that thing as a pacifier. She was laying on her side and was kind of curled up and had tons of blankets around her. It was cute.

We had the party at our old house in Farr West where my Aunt now lives. Sophie was walking around the back yard like she owned the place (well I guess she still kinda does). She was snarfing down chips and trying to drink people's soda. It was hilarious to see her just be-bop around the crowd. I snapped pictures, we had dinner, and then we played some volleyball. Sophs was so attached to her Grandma. I think she was within 5 feet of her the entire night. After the game (it was pretty dark) we sat on the deck and played and visited with everyone. Surprisingly Sophie let some of my cousins hold her and my bestest cousin, Heather, was tickling her and biting up her arm and not only did Sophie tolerate a 'stranger' but she was laughing hysterically! I have some pictures that I will eventually upload but I have lost my USB cord for my camera so my pictures are forever trapped because this stupid MAC doesn't have a SD card reader built in (ghetto). I miss my HP.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so fun to have you guys come with us and thanks so much for helping with the kids. Sophie was so cute!! We will have to play again soon!