Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Going Home

Night #2 was a bit of a challenge.  I tried to stay awake during the pink moon/lunar eclipse but just after midnight when I checked it hadn't changed.  The baby wanted to nurse like every hour and I had sent Kale and my Mom home so it was just me!  By 4am I was a little emotional and a little tired.  She ate and I sent her to the nursery just before 6 and was able to sleep for 2 straight hours, it was glorious!  I am so lucky and had such great nurses and CNAs.  I had so many thoughtful visitors and was just so blessed to have a great delivery and stay.  Tuesday afternoon we were ready to go.  Emma had her check-over from the pediatrician, her hearing test, and we did some pictures the hospital offered.  They turned out really cute!







Sophie was acting up quite a bit so our discharge was rushed.  We left just before 1 and I felt like my mom was sprinting for the door!  Emma is so sweet.  The car ride home was uneventful and we were glad to be here.  I am glad to sleep in my own bed tonight.  My mom has the week off to help me so I am very thankful for that.  She is such a good grandma!

0 comments: