Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bathing in the Sink

Sophie is such a sweet baby. We've been bathing her in the sink and she LOVES it! I can't believe she only fit in her baby bath tub for under 12 weeks... Her hair is getting so much longer/thicker. She loves to talk and sing to me. I'm pretty sure she's teething. Earlier this week she had been fussy and wouldn't lay on one side. I thought it could be an ear infection. We went to the doc, and he said her ear cannals are VERY small. He had to clean them out and she screamed hysterically. No ear infection, so the ped said her teeth could be moving, not necessarily ready to break through, but causing enough discomfort. We gave her tylenol for a while but seems that she's feeling better now. We were able to get her weighed at the appt and she is 13lb 10oz! What a chunker. Her eyes are still blue and they are so pretty I love them. She loves wiggling. She likes to hold her own hands. Her nails have been growing so fast! I have to clip them every few days. When she's really tired she likes her hands up by her face so I try to keep them short so she doesn't scratch herself. She likes to look out at what's going on. She is pretty strong and can hold her weight on her legs. She is sleeping on average 8 hours each night.

I've been trying some new recipes! I love crockpot ones because they can be cooking all day and be ready when we get home from work or what not.

3 comments:

Marriott's said...

I can't believe Ridge is only 10 oz less then Sophie and he is a whole month younger than her. Crazy!!! I am glad the remodeling is almost finished for you guys. We remodeled our first house and had to remodel one room at a time while we lived there. It was so hard. Good luck on all your goals, I too have a little bit more baby weight to lose.

Evan and Kristina said...

Kate I love to make crockpot dinners but I can never find very many good recipes. Would you mind sending me some of your favorites? You can just send it to my intermountain email. Your little girl is so cute!

Unknown said...

Kate I am dying over that pick of you holding Sophie!!! She looks so cute, I could just eat her up! Things are looking good in the bathroom.

Have fun on your vacation!!! That will be awesome.