Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chubby Legged Sophie

Chub legs!

Daddy's Girl
I love my girl!
What an amazing feeling to look at my beautiful baby girl, and truly ponder what a blessing she is in my life. She has brought Kale and I closer together as a family, has already taught me so much, and I really feel like there is no greater calling then to be a mother. She is the sweetest little bug, I love everything about her, and I am so grateful I can spend time with her so often. I am lucky to have a job with flexible hours and only have to go to work twice a week! She is such a special girl, has so much personality, and is growing so fast. She is so smiley, and has the biggest grin on her face. I must say, she does love her Mama... she knows my voice so well and I notice a difference when I enter the room-she just knows I'm there. She loves to talk and sing. No sign of teeth but definitely know she's working on them... lots of hand sucking, drool, acidy poops, and sometimes she gets fussy. Her head control is amazing, she's such a strong girl! She never seems interested in toys/rattles, but loves things around her and loves her hands. She's got a great grip too, and will hold your finger all day if you let her. She hates tummy time.
The bathroom remodel is going well. The hard parts are over. My mom was able to get the jetted tub installed, got farther along on the sheetrock, finish tiling the shower, and has started on the glass blocks. Here is the most recent picture. There isn't natural light in the bathroom so the tile looks darker than it actually is. I love the mosiac glass tile trim! My poor mom worked on it while watching Sophie while I worked... She does it on her days off.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these pictures of Sophie, she looks so pretty!!

The bathroom is looking great! How exciting!

There are so many baby gadgets although, I used my bottle warmer non-stop, because I didn't want to microwave the bottles for Lola and just wait, I think that bumbo will start coming in handy pretty soon here. I used mine for a high chair for months and months... who knows different babies like different things.

Congrats on your new job too!!

Kate said...

Good to know Darnetta. She doesn't like it much but we dont' have a lot of room for a high chair. I have the tray and was hoping to utilize it for a high chair also!