Friday, May 21, 2010

Delete Button

Well let me just tell you I am absolutely sick about deleting some pictures... They were on my SD card and I *THOUGHT* I moved them over to my computer folder, so I deleted them off my memory card. I went today to post them and they were gone. I am so sad. I have two or three uploaded to photobucket and facebook, but overall a huge chunk are gone and I am so sad about it! As you all know I love taking pictures :) and they mean a lot to me. Darn.

We got new carpet last week. We went with a medium priced one. It is a dream! Oh my gosh, my feet have never been on anything softer and more plush. Seriously, I may just start sleeping in the living room on the floor. It's similar in color but so much better quality than what was in here when we bought the house. We only had the money to do the living room (carpet is expensive!), so the bedrooms still have the other carpet and it's a night and day difference. We love it. Thanks Mom for helping us get it!
I have this recent fascination with Cops. I have always watched it when I was bored, but lately I feel like I have more time on my hands. There is only so much I can clean, vacuum, fold, mow, and cook. Surfing the Internet is fun for a while but it gets boring too. (Don't get me wrong, I love being 'bored' versus working) None of my regular shows have been on, so I've DVR'd Cops. I about pee my pants laughing at it, especially when people get tazed and the fat Cops are panting after running. And the prostitution ones... aack! That is so NASTY! Ew!

Kale and I escaped to the temple yesterday... it's the first time we've done a session since Sophie was born! It was nice to do that. I love spending time with Kale. Life gets so busy and we both work such weird schedules, it's just nice to spend time together!

As you all may have noticed, I'm large and in charge! Sometimes I see myself in pictures and think wow... I'm chubbier than I thought. In all honesty, food tastes better than being thin feels! But, it's getting a little out of hand. I realistically need to lose 50 pounds to be within a normal BMI range. I'd settle for 30 though, and that's my goal. I've been jogging down the street with the baby in my ($15 dollar DI find) jogging stroller. I've also been doing the 30-day shred workout video.... OH.MY.GOSH! Can we say so sore I can barely sit!? I only have been doing it off and on for a week or two, but I figure something is better than nothing!

One of my new years resolutions would be to cook at home more. I completely rely on ourbestbites.com and 365crockpot.blogspot.com for my recipes. I've tried several, and we like most. This recipe is from my mom's friend Jane... we had it at my baby shower and I remember it was so dang good but I only got a bite by the time I actually could eat. Overall it was easier than I thought and it went well. It was good except I definitely messed up on the rice sticks because they were nasty!


I have an expensive addiction: Babywearing. For a while I was quite content with my Beco, but sometimes I see really good deals on the used babywearing site or just around different sites online, and I have to buy them. This is my Ergo, I got new from babysteals. It's similar but different from my Beco. I'm trying it out to see which one I like better, but so far my Beco is still my go too. Today I got another Beco in the mail. I am going to decide which color I like. I also have a babyhawk Mei Tai coming... oh my gosh it was such a good deal, I can't wait to get it and see if I love it or not! I think one day I'll have a post with my opinions/just dedicated to babywearing... better yet...there is one ***HERE***


Sophie has done so much better with food after talking with my new Ped. Basically it comes down to she just doesn't like babyfood, and she LOVES to self-feed. After the reassurance that it is ok to delay solids, I am much less worried/stressed about it. I volunteered at IHC's tent for the marathon and I wore Sophie the entire time in my Beco. She did so good! We took a break mid-way through to breastfeed her (can I just tell you breastfeeding is wonderful! I didn't have to pack anything but a spare diaper for 7 hours). Ky came to help too. On our way out we got a free smoothie and I let Sophie have a taste and she loved it! She also loves watermelon, potatoes and carbs like rolls, crackers, bread, and bananas. She loves drinking from my water bottles too. We've pretty much skipped past sippy trainer cups straight to smart water bottles.


We're still doing cloth and loving it. It just makes so much sense! I've moved from using solely prefolds to mostly all-in-ones and fitteds. When she was smaller she didn't fit into them well and they were really bulky, but now they fit great and are so easy (she's a wiggle bug when it comes to diaper changes!)
Look at that muffin top!
(Sorry blue was on sale...)

4 comments:

keldi and matt francom said...

so cute that is good she is likeing more foods. that is nice you can still breastfeed mine always gives out at five monthes. i need to find a differnt carrier the one i have aspen doesnt like to sit in it and just screams. With three kids i need to baby wear more often so i can have my hands free for the other too so if you have any advice on this i would love it. sophie is such a cutie i just love reading about her.

Unknown said...

I am glad that you love carriers because then you can fill me in and help me know where to find good deals!! As always Sophie is beautiful! Good luck with the weight loss venture, you can do it! It is something almost everyone struggles with at one point or another. Keep up the good work :) Let's go to the park when the weather clears up!

Camille said...

She is so cute! I'm glad you were able to figure out some foods for her. I love the feel of new carpet! I'm excited to come visit you and see it! You are doing great exercising! It's fun that you're able to incorporate exercising with spending time with Sophie.

Sierra said...

Adorable... I haven't had the "joy" of pregnancy weight gain, but all I can say is GOOD FOR YOU! Most women just complain about it, but you are at least working on it. I doubt you really need to lost 50 lbs, but I am proud of you that you set a goal and are working at it. Good things in life aren't easy, but they ARE worth it. Good luck :-)