Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

I threw Kale a surprise party on Friday. It was fun! He loves batman so I got him batman party decorations, a batman cake, and I even found batman wrapping paper! Sadly, Kale was the first person to arrive to his surprise party. I was pretty sad. His friends all came from far distances though, and traffic isn't predictable... It was still way fun. Everyone played out in the yard for a while, and we BBQed hamburgers and hotdogs. Then we had cake and visisted.



Friday Sophie stayed up later than she normally does since everyone was over for the party. That night about midnight she woke up crying and I couldn't get her back to sleep. I could tell she didn't feel good. I nursed her and even rocked her to sleep but as soon as I'd lay her down she'd wake up and wouldn't stop crying. So I just bear-hugged her all night in my bed. If my arms would loosen and she'd kinda fall away from me, she'd wake up. Poor baby!
Saturday, I surprised Kale with season lagoon passes! He loves lagoon. I wore the baby most of the time. She's been really fussy since Friday. Her tooth nub (found it Tuesday morning) is through her gums and it's razor sharp. She has had low grade fevers and has been miserable all weekend. Also, she also must be having some seperation anxiety because she only wants me to hold her. I've been so thankful for my Beco carrier, it saves my arm muscles and lets me get things done around the house.
Kale and I went on the swings together and my sister held the baby. She laughed the whole time as she was watching them. Everytime we'd swing around I'd see her cracking up!
I love that the weather has been better! It's so fun to do things outside. I can't wait until outdoor pools are open. Kale had this whole weekend off (hence all the fun things we were able to do). It's been so nice to hang out with him. He's the best Dad and husband. I have to work tonight. I hate to leave my Sophie! Oh well, at least I can work and other mom's with more/older kids can be off.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun weekend!! That is so sweet of you to throw him a surprise party!!! I bet he loved it! I can't wait to go to Lagoon with you guys. That will be so fun! We will have to go when it is extra cheap ha ha