Thursday, July 1, 2010

9 Months and Ogden River Parkway




Sophie is 9 months old today! I can't believe it. I dont have any stats because her appointment is Monday. I still have 50 of the 60lbs I gained during my pregnancy to lose, ha. Before I got pregnant I was doing weight watchers and had lost almost 15lbs... then I got preggo. I was working out pretty good a bit ago but since I am pumping and keeping my milk supply is my number one priority, I haven't worked out very hard since she stopped nursing. That is so important I will do whatever it takes to keep my milk. Pumping is getting old... 1 month down, three to go. I spaced my sessions out to every 4 hours starting at 7am and with my last one at 11pm. I can do this! Sophie is doing better with foods. The past week she'll take almost a whole ounce of baby food a couple times a week, woot woot! She takes table food pretty good if we go out but I still worry about her choking with some things, and I'm too scared to give her lots of our meat entrees.
Last night after I got home from work, I was SO tired! I fed Sophie and put her to bed about 8. She slept until 11am today! Then I went to the Parkway with some friends. I had Sophie in the Beco. It was a HOT day. Halfway through our walk I took Sophie wading in the river. I stripped her down to her cloth dipe and we went wading. It was so funny to see her reaction to being there with so much to look at and hear... she thought it was so fun. It was pretty cold (I thought it felt good on such a hot day though) but she still was kicking and and wanting to play in the water. I'm such a loser - I didn't even bring her a hat or put sunscreen on but luckily she tans well because she isn't burnt at all; I was worried she would be. She just has a little farmer's tan. She was pretty tired at the end at let me know she was done and wanted to go home to her bed. On the way home I was so thirsty, I stopped at a gas station and got a slurpee... she of course wanted some so I gave her a taste. She's so dang cute. Then I broke down and got her a sucker because she was so fussy. She loved it, was quiet the entire ride, and it was gone by the time we got home! She took a great nap, woke up and was such a happy girl and we have been playing, and I just put her down. Now to my huge pile of laundry...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like it was a lot of fun! She's getting so big and cuter every day!

Sierra said...

So cute... she is such a beautiful baby! I can't say I empathize with your breast pumping woes, but from what you and everyone else says, I have NOTHING to look forward too :-) Except the baby of course

keldi and matt francom said...

she is such a cutie looks like she had a blast in the water.You are amazing to make it this long breast feeding i have struggled with all three of my kids and the longest i have made it is six monthes pumping is no fun good luck