Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Updates on the Bettolo Fam!

Hi! I'm just lounging on my couch right now watching TV. I thought I'd blog. Sophie is sick. Poor baby. It could be teeth (she's been grinding them since yesterday) but I think she's got a little cold. Some low-grade fevers and nosey-nose stuff. Poor girl! She keeps coughing because of the drainage. I must say that my husband paid me a nice compliment today. Someone from the neighborhood came over to visit. I was inside with the baby but heard him say: "I am so glad my wife is a nurse. I wouldn't know what to do and would probably be taking the baby to the doctor but my wife is so good. She's been giving her medicine, has the humidifier out, has her bed elevated, and has been so calm about it. I am so grateful she is a nurse and knows what to do and is taking such good care of our daughter." It was such a nice thing to hear. My love language is definitely words of affirmation so things like that mean so much!

A dear nurse I work with gave me her baby monitor. It has been so nice. Sophie's room is on the top floor and our family area is on the third floor so I always had a hard time hearing her. It has made it so nice. I was able to take the monitor outside with me today to work in the yard. I love our yard! It's been on the cold side, but overall the weather has been nice and we've spent a lot of time outside. Sophie LOVES the tramp. She loves it when I hold her and sit with her and Kale jumps around us and bounces us. She likes to also be cradled while I jump really high. It's way funny to see her. She could spend hours out there! She used to hate the feel of the grass, but I think she's liking it now. She tolerates it at least. A few days ago we were out there and she was trying to chase after a little froggy. It was so funny. We also have seen a few snakes (ew). I love having my window open at night. There is a pesky barking dog a few houses down and next door, but other than that I love the noises. The birds and bugs just sing! I love the wetland area for that reason.

Kale and I have hit a wall lately with classes. I have never been great at math so my class is getting a bit more technical. Kale has night classes three times a week... but they follow a ten hour shift that starts at 6am so he's usually exhausted. He's working 6 days a week between two jobs. Poor Fella. Sometimes I think I should be working more to offset everything so he can cut back, but I love being home with Sophs, and Kale has said he would rather be working than parenting! He does a great job though, he'd be wonderful. I just hate the idea of working full-time! Kale is so good with Sophie. On my days off he takes such good care of her. She has been eating so much better. Kale can get her to eat much better than I can. She's kind of a diva when I try to feed her haha! She grabs at the spoon, gets mad and throws her sippy at me, and refuses to eat. Kale is amazing though; He gets her to eat her veggies and can get her to eat 4oz. Sophie has started to pull up on things. She can't quite get her booty all the way up but she tries. She loves to stand and has for months and months but has no interest in taking any steps! She is a stubborn girl. She doesn't crawl but instead she scoots around on her butt. I don't mind her lack of mobility though, I'll be honest!

We are liking our house. We've had a few obsticles that suck, but it's nice having extra space. I still have cabinents that are completely empty. I'm slowly filling them up. Today I found the cutest little 1L deep fryer at Target. It was only 24 bucks and I couldn't pass it up. We made french fries tonight and they were delicious. I got front-loading washer/dryer appliances when we moved in. It was my little splurge. I love them, they ALMOST make laundry fun again! It's been a bit tricky with my cloth dipes because they use so little water I have to do a couple cycles to get them clean. I actually have my old washer and am probably going to get it hooked up so I can go back to using it. Our laundry room has so much space, it's wonderful. We got a deep freezer. I LOVE it. It's a midsized one but I love having that extra space to help build my food storage. I wish I had more experience with what I can and can't freeze though. There have been some great caselot sales lately. Also, something new to us, is recycling. Our city does it. I haven't quite figured out the best way to organize recycling and keep it from the regular trash. Sometimes I can't find the little 1 or 2 recycling thing on packaging and stuff so it makes it hard and definitely takes up more time. I hope I can find a good system and get good at it. I still feel like I have so much to do. Everything is moved in. I still need to 'organize' things though. Things are just kinda put into closets and stuff. I need to go through my shed, organize drawers and closets better, and get a little more organized in the pantry and kitchen cabinents. If only there were more hours in the day.

Hmm.... what else.... I love my job. Everyone I work with is fantastic. I love the patient demographic and the experience I get. It's so neat to have such a wide scope of diagnoses too. I have learned so much. Wiping baby bums is SO much easier than adult bums. My mom had a little sewing machine that was in a rental house she bought last year that she gave me. I can't wait to use it. I found some cute homemade Christmas gifts that I can't wait to try. I took several sewing classes in Jr high so lets hope it comes back to me and I can be crafty.

My brother has been home from the mission for a few weeks now. He's got the post mission blues. I feel bad, it must be so hard to make that night and day switch. I heard the college dissolved the student wards?! Boo! I am going to talk him into signing up for some institute classes. I am also going to make him go biking with me or something. But c'mon... let's face it, I'm probably pretty lame to hang out with. If anyone has a sweet girl in mind that he could do a group date with, or know of any fun activities, please let me know!

Now, for the picture part of my post:

My mom found a teeny snake and was letting Sophie check it out (ew)

Sophie loves playing in the sink. It's the only way I get her to hold still while doing her hair. Now she knows how to turn it on though on her own, so it gets pretty messy.

I love my beautiful baby! She looks like such a big girl lately. I miss her being a teeny baby that I can snuggle. She is just like a little person now. She is so sweet!
Loves the tramp (this is mid-jump)



Made us some baby-legs. Sophie's thighs are so fat though.

4 comments:

Amanda X said...

I'm glad you are settling in to your new place! And Sophie is getting so big. She is adorable and I love all her hair!!!

Unknown said...

sounds like life is busy but satisfying.
You can freeze many, many things. if you don't have a "ball blue book" yet, you need to get one. great for canning, freezing etc.

Sierra said...

1) I am so sorry you are sick! That sucks, and especially with a sick baby.

2) I really wish my cupboards were still empty, I filled them faster than I knew what was going on!

3) I also LOVE my front loading washer and dryer. It's like heaven... and laundry IS fun now.

4) It is wonderful to have a spouse that knows so much about the medical field. I would have been in so much trouble without my soon-to-be pharmacist husband around these last few months

5) School sucks... it alwys has and it always will. I feel so bad for you guys, but I promise one day you will be done and it will be worth it. Since the first week after we got married, Trace and I have worked and gone to school on opposite shedules. It freaking sucks to never see him, but the sacrifice will pay off.

6) There are no more "College" wards, but there are still singles wards. Instead of letting the yuong adults just bounce from ward to ward and get lost in the shuffle, they are now assigned a singles ward. So your brother can choose to go to his family ward, or his assigned singles wards. His bishop will know when and where they meet. Too many YA were putting their records in one ward, and theyn bouncing around to others, so they were impossible to keep track of and not lose complete contact with the church. It was a very inspired move, and I am glad they did it

keldi and matt francom said...

Sophie is so cute i am sorry she is not feeling good that is now fun we have had some teething and little cold here too i hope she feels better soon. I am glad you are liking your house were are you living now. it takes so much work to put a house together and keep it together i cant wait for the day we add on or move to a bigger than two bedroom house. That is hard to have to watch husbands work so much mine is working too jobs and it makes me feel so bad but he wants me home with the kids so i am grateful is is willing to do all he does. Your family is so cute i love reading your blog and seeing all the cute pictures of sophie.