Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13


This girl loves getting into the cabinets. Her favorite kitchen items are: boxes of ziploc bags, the kitchen-aid mixer attachments, the spice containers, and bowls! She is so funny. I love her gut too, sometimes she just blows it out and walks around so funny.

Today we had Lola and Owen over to play for the day. They are so sweet, we love having them. Lola just loves Sophie and takes good care of her and Owen. Owen is so well mannered and easy going, and so tall and chubby, we love it!!! Sophie and Owen feed off each other's stress though... Sophie will cry, which makes Owen cry, which in turn makes Sophie cry even louder, then they are both hysterical! I don't know how Sophie will ever be an older sibling too, because anytime I'm trying to hold or cuddle Owen she comes over and wants my full attention or wants to be held. Poor girl! Sophie also sucks at sharing we have learned. Poor Lola...




Oh the drama! Lola is a really good sport. We were going to go to the splash pad today but then it started raining, then the staggered naps of all three of the kiddos, and before we knew it, the day was almost over. Bummer! I love Dari and her sweet family, she is a great friend that I've had for like 6+ years now and I am glad we can keep in touch. It's crazy to think that having a family can kind of separate you from your other friends: my best friend from high school and I talk once or twice a year! Things just get busy and lives and values change. I'm lucky to have the few close friends though that put the effort into remaining friends.

Kale worked the first day at his new job today. He said it went well, but he has an ingrown toenail ... so much for getting good shoes! :( He works tomorrow, but we hope to spend some family time with maybe a trip to Lagoon. We thought about hiking but I'm just not sure what trail would be good to pack a baby up. I need to do some research.

Here is another really funny video of Sophie laughing at her Daddy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know that you made this blog private so I haven't been checking it. Sorry :( now I need to catch up. You are so sweet to help us out with our kids. We appreciate it more than you know. We finally found a sitter for Monday's but if we ever need a backup we will give you a call because the kids love coming to your house and love Sophie! We will be up here at home this weekend if you want to try and do something with the kids. Thanks for being such a great friend!

Whitney, Wade, & Emery said...

Your weekend sounds AMAZING!!! I am glad it was so good. I look forward to playing together more often!