Thursday, August 25, 2011

Great Grandpa's Pillow

My Grandpa just LOVES Sophie. He loves to see her, buys her special treats that she likes, and talks about her visits for days after! When she was smaller he was about the only 'stranger' she would let hold her. He loved it an just enjoys having her over. He fell about a year ago and was down overnight and had to be hospitalized after so now we all keep an even closer eye on him. My mom usually has the bedtime responsibility of wrapping his legs and helping him get ready and get into bed. Tonight she had to work a grave so I went over to help him. Sophie likes going over there. She usually stays by me while I wrap Grandpa's legs. Then he gets up and heads in the kitchen for a drink and a prune. For some weird reason, Sophs love prunes. She'd eat an entire bag if I'd let her. He has one and Sophie has one. He gets ready for bed and I help him with his CPAP machine. Sophie always has a look of concern so he tells her he is ok so she doesn't worry. We tuck him in, lock up, and head home. Tonight when I was getting things locked up, I came out and found Sophie laying on her favorite pillow. It has a big rooster on it. It's like a decorative pillow but she loves it. She carts it around his house. Tonight she was laying on it. It was one of the cutest things. She is such a funny girl!

0 comments: