Thursday, August 18, 2011

Weber River

My cousin has been here for about a year visiting while her husband was working overseas. It has been fun to be with her since she has always lived back East since she was married. Today she was heading back, so we wanted to hang out before she left. We had dinner at Jeremiah's, Sophie's favorite restaurant. She eats like a truckdriver there! She was grumpy though, phew! Next we went to the Ogden Parkway and went for a little walk. On the way back we stopped by a small little pool by the river. There was a log separating it from the really strong current so it was really mellow. It was sure freezing though, wow! I could barely keep my feet in so I didn't even understand how it wasn't bothering her feet.
It started with Sophs just standing/wading in it, put pretty soon she was practically submerged! She made me nervous when she went out to the log and tried to climb over! I was so fearful of how rapid and fast the river was going! Finally when we had to go, Sophie had a tantrum/meltdown (of course).


We dropped my cousin off at her car and headed home for a nap. It was fun and we will definitely miss having Melissa and Aaron around.

That night we went to a viewing for one of my neighbors growing up, Shawn Barnes. It was so sad, I was teary and emotional about it all. Sophie did so well, she sat so reverently while we were waiting, so that was good. I feel so sad for the family and his ten day old baby. It made me really appreciate what I have and how grateful I am for my family.

0 comments: