Wednesday, November 25, 2009

8 weeks

Sophie is doing great. She is going to be 8 weeks old tomorrow! She's getting strong and can hold her head up well. She still bobbles around once in a while. She loves to look around too. She hates having a blanket on her face. She hates getting dressed. She doesn't fit in her bathtub hardly at all. Our bath-tub is old and not easily accessible for two people to bath her (and hold onto her).
My mom took Sophie overnight on Saturday night. She brought her back on Sunday morning, and we got her ready, and went to church. It was the Primary program, it was cute. It was fun to show off Sophie to my friends in the ward. I thought it would be important to go since Kale has to bless Sophie next month and he hasn't been since she was born!


Sophie's hair is one of my favorite things about her. It is getting longer and more thick... it is so soft, and after we bath her with the purple soap (my favorite) she smells so dang good! It styles pretty easy without gel if we do it when it's wet. She is such a pretty baby. I know I'm probably biased, but I think she is absolutely beautiful! She's not too fat but not too skinny, she's long, but not too long. She has the cutest legs! Her feet are so long, but narrow! Her skin is so soft too. One of my other favorite things about my sweet baby is her facial expressions. I love them. She has got some good eyebrow muscles. Her latest thing is blowing spit bubbles too, It's cute. She's not a drooler, thank heavens, and she's not a spitty-baby. I credit breastfeeding, because it seems like the infants that are on formula puke up a lot more at work. I am so thankful I can breastfeed her. It was a hard first week, but I am so glad I stuck with it.

4 comments:

Dirk 'n Juli said...

She is so sweet! I still can't believe all that hair! I'm glad you guys are doing well!

Sierra said...

Cloth diapers?! You go girl :-) You are truly a brave soul Ha ha

Kate said...

It's not bad at all! Plus, think of all the money I'm saving :) That's what I tell myself when I think about putting a disposable on her.

Shiloh and Bob Willey said...

She is soo cute!! By the way- nobody minds the noise in church!! Have you heard my little guy!!!?
You are such a thrifty little shopper:)