Monday, November 30, 2009

2 months, 5 generation Pictures

Yesterday, Thanksgiving, went well. It was my first day back to work. I fed Sophie at 4am. My mom had stayed the night to help. I was able to discharge 3 of my 5 patients, so they consolidated to another nurse and I got to leave about 1230. Kale was able to arrange going in late and we went to my mom's and ate dinner. It was nice to spend time with the family. I did well during the day about leaving Sophie, but that night all I wanted to do was hold her.
Saturday, we went to Wyoming to see Kale's grandparents. They are so sweet, we had such a good time hanging out and visiting. We wanted to get a 5 generation picture, so we went to the nursing home where Kale's great grandma Nona was. She is 99! I think the picture is so neat, it's not often you can get 5 generations! We also stopped by to see Kale's aunt and uncle and their puppy Oscar. Oscar didn't quite know what to think of a crying baby! Sophie did well during the 3 hour car ride. On the way back she slept the entire time.
Today she had her 2 month appointment. She weighed 13 lbs 1.5 oz and was 24 inches long... both of those off the charts! The doctor wasn't concerned with her red mark (Hemangioma) and said that it will go away on it's own, and it wasn't affecting her eye at all. I had given her Tylenol before the appt in hopes that it would help after getting her immunizations. She did ok for a while, just a little bit fussy. I ran an errand in town. On the way home she was screaming hysterically. I got home the same time my mom came over, and the poor girl was just crying and crying... it was breaking my heart. Neither me or my mom could calm her down. If you touched her legs she just screamed even louder. We got a warm bath and that helped to calm her down a little. I gave her more Tylenol and we got her to sleep. She's been better since. It makes me sad knowing she's in pain. I hope that our night goes better.
4 generations (My mom's side)
4 generations (My dad's side)
5 generations (Kale's dad's side)

1 comments:

Sierra said...

How cool! I never even knew all of my grandparents, let along great grandparents or great great grandparents. This is really awesome