Saturday, March 6, 2010

Chevy

I've contemplated getting a more family oriented car for some time now. I have always loved my Jetta, it was my dream car. It was cute, fun to drive, and reliable. After having to scoot the seat up so much for Sophie's car seat, and with the new AAP recommendations to be rear facing AS LONG as possible, I knew it was only a matter of time before we'd have to get something different. I got so sick of getting the seat in and out of the middle that I toddled into John Watson Chevrolet. We know the owner, John Watson. He is in our ward and is such a great guy and a good example to us. His son is our home teacher, and he is also such a great guy. We talked to them about getting a small SUV, and after checking the inventory, they came up with this:



I drove home a 2008 Chevy Trailblazer. I traded in my Jetta which was so much easier than trying to sell it on my own. The car is wonderful! It's cloth seats (I hate leather), and has so many cool features! It's so roomy and comfortable. It drives wonderfully, and they got the oil changed, filled it full of gas, order a cup holder part it was missing, and certified it (bumper to bumper coverage for one year) in addition to the power train warranty that we still have 12000 miles left on! Sophie looks adorable in it, too, and I feel much safer. I love Chevy, and I love John Watson Chevrolet! I'll never buy anywhere else.

Other news: Kale was offered full time at work, and now was a good time to take it. So, in honor of that, we got him an Iphone today after we got the Blazer. He loves it so far. Full time is four days a week for him. So until school is out in six weeks, he'll have something every day. He's such a hard worker, I am so grateful for him!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Love the new SUV! I'm a tad bit jealous. I'm glad things are working out for you guys.

Sierra said...

You'll be glad to be rid of the Jetta! I was so happy when we sold mine... hooray for new cars!