Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pie

It was nice to have this weekend off! We got a lot done in the yard (garden planted, lawn fertilized, flower beds planted, trees cut for firewood). We also went to RCWilley's yesterday and picked out some new carpet. I am so excited, it is SO SOFT. We may start sleeping in the living room on the floor :) They are coming to measure Wednesday and it's being ordered so hopefully I'll post soon. I am so grateful to have nicer carpet since Sophie will be crawling within the near future I assume.

Still no teeth for my baby girl. She seems a little more comfortable and her gums don't seem as swollen. She still has a lot of congestion, which I think is a combination of teething and the weather. Sophie loves to jump on the tramp with us. I hold her tight and just bounce around, and she giggles and laughs. She also LOVES it when we sing JesusWwants me for a Sunbeam, patty cake, and Give Said the Little Stream. I have been loving my Beco baby carrier but want to try a Mei Tai carrier again. I had one but re-sold it since I loved the Beco and couldn't rationalize having two. But... now I can. I had a $50 credit left over from the Franklin Goose promotion from March so I put it towards a Kozy. I can't wait to get it. I have a hotsling but just don't like it much. Sophie likes to be upright and I don't like the weigh on just one shoulder. Ok... I may be talking in tongues now... babywearing (like cloth diapering) is a world of it's own...

Kale is going to have a busy month. He is picking up an extra shift since school is out in addition to his 5 days a week. I'll be glad when he doesn't do that anymore because I hope to have a fun summer. Last summer I was pregnant so it was pretty low key. I want to travel, do some boating/jet skiing, swim a lot, hike, bike, run/walk, and visit fun places like the zoo, go shopping at the Park City Outlets, and maybe run a 5K or swim part of a triathlon. It all sounds ambitious... I just can't wait for good weather. There is a delicate balance between hot and cold, and it's my favorite time of year...

Sophie is getting so big. I think I say that every post... and everyone always tells you how fast it goes. She's such a big girl. Today I was on the computer at my mom's and my dad was watching a show on TV. Sophie just sat next to me like a big girl, just chillin. It was pretty funny. Lately she's on a weird sleep schedule. She takes such good naps (there was a time when they were cat naps and she was always cranky) but she goes to bed as early as 6 or 7 sometimes. Then she stirs around midnight and sometimes I feed her. I don't mind because sadly I'm usually up... Which also needs to change. My body is on a weird schedule since I have been doing graves! I can't wait to work days.

Sophie's hair is getting so long, it gets tangles in the back from laying down. I have to really brush it in the morning! She must sleep with her head to the right because there is a little patch that is thinned out from rubbing it. I'll have to take a picture, it's pretty funny. The sides and top is growing like a wee though.

Sophie loves hands... especially her own. She interlocks them a lot. She's always looking at them and moving them around. She loves to hold hands, and feel things. Sometimes if she's sleeping in our bed I'll wake up to her feeling my face, pinching my cheeks or chin, or trying to push her fingers in my mouth. Ha. Waking up to this sweet face is the best thing in the world.
I got a bag of apples several weeks ago and I figured I'd put them to good use. Definately not the prettiest pie I know, it's hard to cook with a teething baby... I got the recipe off of ourbestbites.com, one of my favorite recipe sites.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks delicious and it looks great to me!! I love her little intertwined fingers. I know I always say this, but she is BEAUTIFUL!

Momma Jello said...

She is super cute. We need to get together and introduce our little ones!