Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Swim Meet

As some of you may know, I joined a swim team at the beginning of June.  It's a competition team that swims during the summer, so there is mostly high school swimmers on it.  It's been a lot of fun and I have LOVED burning calories doing something I really enjoy!  Plus, my legs don't ache like when I run.  

We were running late and the pool was much further West than we thought.  Plus, Sophie was grumpy and ended up falling asleep on the way.  I know I was anxious and since we were running late I was pretty nervous!


We made it there and I had plenty of time to warm up, which was nice.  Sophie sat with Kale in the stands and she did such a great job!  I couldn't believe how long it was overall since It went by fast for me.  Sophie was so patient.  I was event #7 and event #15.

Event #7 was the 100 backstroke.  This has always been my favorite race and I like the backstroke a lot.  It went pretty good.  I haven't done a start for a while, and I miscounted on a flip turn and had to try to make up for that.  Other than that I was really glad I got to swim this one!  I had a lot of fun and only added about 12 seconds (which is actually a lot) from my high school average.  I am in Lane 4 there... in the middle.  


Event #15 was the 200 yard freestyle.  I don't know WHY I signed up for this one and I instantly regretted it after turning my info in.  It's such a long race to go fast and I ran out of gas for sure!  I was in the second heat and glad to be finished.  I am in this second lane... here is my flip-turn...


My time was better than I thought but I felt really tired the last half of the race.  I survived it though, and that's what counts!  :)


Swimming is such a great sport.  I am a big advocate for it.  I can't wait until Sophie is old enough to join a team.

0 comments: