Sunday, December 6, 2009

Blessing




We blessed Sophie today. Kale did the most wonderful blessing. He was so nervous about it but did great. I am married to the best husband in the whole wide world! Sophie didn't make a peep (phew). We were able to have some of Kale's closest friends, several ward members that we just love, and my dad and Kale's dad stand in the circle. She is the sweetest baby. I can't picture myself doing anything else but being a mother right now! It is the best feeling in the world to look at my special little baby; the love I feel for her and my family is overwhelming! The dress Sophie wore was so special. It was a dress that my mom made for me, and she worked really hard on it, it is simple yet beautiful, and I wore it when I was blessed 23+ years ago! Sophie fit into it and was able to wear it for her blessing. It is so special to me. I plan on keeping a hold of it and Sophie may one day be able to bless her babies in it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a special day! Good job to kale too. You guys all look great!

Laura said...

I'm glad things went well. Dan says he doesn't blame Kale for being nervous, it's a tough thing being on the spot like that.
I must say baby Sophie is freaking adorable!! I love her sweet little face and of course her hair!! You guys are such a cute family.

Sierra said...

How special.... you are such a cute little family :-)