Friday, October 11, 2013

IV Fluids

Well I must have jinxed myself last week.  I thought the week went pretty well, and I was feeling OK and thinks seemed to get better.  Well I have paid for it this week.  Sunday I felt pretty awful and was throwing up anything I'd try to eat or drink.  This continued through Monday, Tuesday, and finally on Wednesday I thought I better call my Midwife.  I hadn't peed in 2 days, my lips were cracked and bleeding, and I barely had the strength to get up.

My Midwife was so awesome and I went in for some fluids.  She used to be a nurse so she started my IV and everything!  I got two bags of fluids Wednesday and some IV zofran.



After that, I just came home to rest.  I had to work Thursday so I was really worried I'd be ok.  I was able to go to triage which is nice because I don't have to run so much and don't have to worry about being able to do all those fancy nursing skills (that lately make me shaky).  It's been hard to have the energy I need to do my job.  This was such a rough week.  

That night I still felt pretty awful and did another bag of fluids at home Thursday.  


Here is to hoping this isn't a trend.  I think this week has been the worst because I have been throwing everything up and don't have those small periods of time that I can eat/drink.  Sometimes I just feel so horrible I just don't even know how I'll get through another day.  I always do.  Sometimes I just cope better than others and lately I have felt so icky and emotional about being so sick, having a messy house, and not being able to play with Sophie.

0 comments: