Sunday, October 27, 2013

Las Vegas

Kale's siblings were going to Las Vegas to see some concerts.  He asked me about it a while ago and I thought we could go together and make a mini-vacation out of it.  Sophie had preschool Thursday so we dropped her off then got ready.  I still don't feel 100% so Kale was so nice and vacuumed my car for the trip!  We picked Sophie up and took her to Grandma's house.  She is so excited about staying with her Grandma all the time!  We left Thursday about noon and headed to St. George.  The drive wasn't too bad.  We got to St. George and checked in, then headed out to get some food.  It was nice to relax.  We stayed up watching TV and ate some treats.  

We headed to Vegas Friday after breakfast.  We got there and it wasn't quite time to check in so we waited a bit then went to our room.  We were pooped and it was nice to relax for a bit.  Kale's brothers and their wives came shortly after.  We hung out for a while then headed in to the strip.  The concert was an early one which I was glad for!  We got there right in time... they were setting up for the band we wanted to see (Alkaline Trio).  They played about an hour and it was an awesome show.  


Kale loves this pizza place located in New York New York.  Like... he loves it!  We had eaten some other pizza before the show that wasn't as good and so we headed to his favorite place and got an entire pizza to share!  He loves it.  I was glad to go back to the hotel and get off my feet.

Saturday his sister and Uncle flew in.  We got together and ate at the Hard Rock Cafe thanks to his uncle.  THANKS!  That was so nice!  We still had some time before the next concert so his sister let us rest in her room while they gambled.  I was feeling so tired and my feet were killing me... we had barely done any walking/standing but my pregnant body just hates me.  The show that night (AFI) was another early one.  This one we had seats for which was a nice change and I sat most of the show.  It was a good one and they were the headlining band so they played even longer.  I went back to the hotel and Kale stayed out to play with his fam.  Guess where they had dinner?  The Pizza Place again!  I'm telling you - he loves the pizza there.    

Sunday we lounged and then went to lunch.  I'll give you one guess where we ate...


Yep.  We made a stop at a store then hit the road.  The drive home is never as nice as the drive there.  I drove until Nephi then Kale had a turn.  From Salt Lake on I was feeling so sick.  My nausea is always the very worst in the evening.  I think between being a passenger in the car and feeling sick, I was just doomed.  Right when we pulled in to pick up Sophie I upchucked.  At least it was at the end of the trip.  The only think about morning sickness is that after you throw up, you never feel better...  I still felt sick and now my stomach and throat were on fire.  Not a great way to end such a fun trip, but at least I survived and had fun!

0 comments: