Thursday, October 8, 2009

1 Week Old

1 week old, first nap in crib (she usually sleeps in the bed with us or on Grandma's chest)
Sophie and her cute daddy!
2nd Bath

My sweet baby is a week old this afternoon. I can't believe it. It makes me sad. I've said it before, but I just want to freeze time. She is so little and perfect. I think she is absolutely adorable and love her more than I could have ever imagined!
She's had to be under bili lights, but it's hard for me because I want to hold her. Yesterday I went to the hospital to get a serum bili level drawn. I am so sick of going to the clinic and having them scan her forehead... I just don't think it's very accurate! The level in the hospital was 11 and we went to the clinic to have her checked just to prove a point and it was almost 13. That would have made a difference two days ago and we could have probably gotten rid of the lights. I was pretty lax about putting her under them the last couple days because she hates it, and would cry and cry and we'd have to take her out anyway. What a blessing to not have to stress about that. She was weighed on Tuesday and she was 8lb 2oz (just one ounce away from her birth weight). She had a 6% weight loss in the hospital, which is normal, and it usually takes some time to gain that back... not for this girl, she loves to eat! I bet she's surpassed that now.

Grandma stayed over the last two nights. I feel bad that she gets sporatic sleep but I think she secretly loves it! She stays on the couch and Sophie just sleeps on her chest or she wraps her like a burrito and they watch TV. Sophie was so good last night! I fed her about 11, and she slept until 3 at which time she ate for almost 30 minutes (a record for her). Then she didn't wake up until 715! My mom headed home and Sophie only slept lightly for about an hour. I was still really tired but Kale took her out on the couch and held her and she slept well. She just loves to snuggle and loves being held. Today after I fed her, my mom talked us into taking Chief for a walk. He loved it, and I survived being away for that 20-30 minute time frame. Kale is sad because he has to go back to work Monday. He's scheduled 4-ten hour shifts each week for the rest of the month. I think it will be hard but I guess life has to resume eventually. I am dreading having to go back to work at the end of November. It will be really hard to leave her, especially for such a long shift. I just really feel so blessed and want to thank heavenly father for giving me such a sweet baby girl. She means everything to me, and I love her more than words can describe.

0 comments: