Friday, October 30, 2009

4 weeks

Sophie was 4 weeks yesterday. We sure do enjoy her! She is so sweet, and she's getting bigger every day. We had her weighed today at our appointment. She is 10 lbs 11 oz (90th percentile) and 22 inches long (85th percentile)! She was so good last night. I had her in our bed and she slept well. She nursed every 4 hours and went back to sleep, no partying. She's had several tummy aches this week. We got some mylicon and gripe water and it seems to work usually.

Today after the appt we went to run an errand. The baby was fussy and so my mom took her out to the car and was going to pull the car up (I was in the line to checkout). I walked out but couldn't find her, so walked to where I parked. My mom told me she was putting the baby in the car and somehow hit the lock button. She didn't realize it until she shut the door. Yep, that's right, the baby was locked in the car. I was in disbelief. My mom called 911, and I called my roadside assistance. The police officer reached us before the locksmith, and they were able to get the door open. It seemed like forever but she was only locked in there for about 10 minutes. She slept the entire time, and only woke up when we got my door open the car alarm went off. Phew! Despite it being stressful (yeah I got a bit emotional) I'm glad everything worked out, my mom definately felt bad. It wasn't her fault it could have happened to anyone, she wasn't familiar with my car (she didn't know the honk meant it was locked). It was partly my fault too because my spare key was in the car instead of in my purse.

0 comments: