Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sophie is here




Sophie is here. I came in at 530 in the morning, they got the induction medication started at 630. I was 3cm dilated when I came in. I got my water broken at 830 by my doctor. The contractions still weren't bad at all, I was waiting for them to get worse. By 1030 they were still very tolerable but my nurse said it would be a good idea to get my epidural. After the epidural I was 5cm dilated. I was quite comfortable after the epidural... it was such a good one! I could still move my legs well but wasn't feeling pain at all! An hour and a half later I was 7cm. Still feeling great, just hanging out, lots of visitors and stuff... Next time I got checked though I was stalled at a 7 so they tried this funny position and my doctor came about an hour later and checked and I was a 9! My epidural line got disconnected (who knows for how long) so I was starting to feel more and had to get redosed to get caught up. She said she had some patients to see in her office, that she was going to let me rest and descend (which I am a big fan of). We called her and she came about 4pm because my practice pushes were really good and my nurse said not to push anymore but to wait for the doc. The doc came at 408, I did about 3 sets of pushing, and Sophie came at 426pm. She is darling, has tons of hair! They had to suction about 10ml of fluid out of her belly. She's had lots of hiccups. She breastfed about an hour after delivery for almost 30 min. We've had lots of visitors and I haven't been able to hold her much but now I am going to try to feed her.
weight 8lb 3oz, 20 inches long, born at 426pm

0 comments: